If you are a Small Business there are some smart ways to use Facebook without paying for ads.
Facebook is always changing the way that it selects what you see on your newsfeed and engineers constantly tweak the algorithm (computer rules) when calculating what you see.
It gets harder each year with increased competition for space on the news feed with so many more users and there are now over 45 million business pages to compete with so it’s a jungle out there.
At Platform Social we get that this is an increasing difficulty and we try to stay one step ahead to help you keep your Social Media working hard without having to pay for ads.
Let’s be clever about this and look at ways you can use Facebook for business for free.
Take a look and have a chew on these, then make choices which you think will work well for your Business. You might find some work better than others but give them a go and let me know in the comments below what works for you.
- Facebook Groups – use your personal Facebook profile to join up to relevant and interesting groups. Get in there, chat away, be helpful and don’t try to sell immediately. You can find out more about others in the same industry, different industries, prospective clients and even your competitors.
Groups often say when it’s appropriate to talk about your products or services and of course, you might find someone asking you directly.
- Set up your own Facebook Group and give it a welcoming, friendly feel. Customers in it will be special, it will feel a bit like a loyalty programme to them – invite them in and share updates, useful information, tips and hints and give them notice of your events special promotions. Groups have a great feature which lets you do surveys too.
- Use links (like bit.ly and ow.ly) to promote your blog posts on your Facebook page – this will drive traffic from Facebook back to your own webstie and this is great as it is where you want your potential customers hanging out. You can do this from Twitter and your other platforms too.
- Share posts from Industry Leaders or other Influencers – this will give your followers insights with gravitas and it works even better if add your own comment.
- Create an event on Facebook – this is a good way to start speaking to followers who may not yet be your customers. You can be creative here, hold an open day, invite people for special product demonstrations, make up/create as Social event, host a webinar on whatever might be relevant to your business.
- Launch a competition on Facebook – another great way to promote your products and to reach out to new followers. The competition can be promoted on your website, other Social Media Platforms. Put it in your email footer, distribute flyers, get your staff promoting it, put it everywhere, including your till roll.
- Use videos on your Facebook page – these again can be useful to get your message out there to a wider audience. Often a series of videos can help hold attention if they are good and they hit the spot, so make sure they have a great message and short but strong titles and headlines.
- Use your email marketing alongside Facebook with a link in the email to your Facebook Page. This is a great way to promote any of the other things you are doing on Facebook eg Competitions, Groups, Events, Webinars and so on.
These are some of the clever things to do, if you use any others that are free and working well then please do let me know.
Platform Social helps Small Businesses get the most from Social Media and offers easy to understand ways to get it working well. We will help you find a format that you can get your head around and use to stop the overwhelm, turn it around and get it all under control.
If you have any questions please do get in touch with our Social Manager Louise.