Six Ways to make your Social Media more than just ONE Dimensional
I’ve been watching some Social Media activity of several local Beauty businesses that I admire and I have noticed on more than one occasion that some of these businesses are posting the same type of post over and over.
Whilst several have wonderful photography and it all looks fantastic visually I can’t help but feel they are missing out on a heap of possible variety and could potentially be also missing the opportunity to show their business in it’s best multi-faceted light as their posts and messages are always very similar.
They say ‘variety is the spice of life’ and this is very true when it comes to Social Media. Variety will keep your followers interested, they won’t know what’s coming next and they will be more than likely to stop and read/listen/watch if you start mixing up what you are doing. The best thing is that they are also more likely to engage….isn’t that what we all would like?
So, yes I agree that it’s important to post your products on your FB occasionally and yes always better to present them with the best photography you can find. Use good, well taken, sharply focused pictures for this but there is so much more that you could be doing.
I love this quote and I agree that we should use the whole box of crayons in our Social Media. Here are some ideas for you to chew over, even if you don’t use them all maybe just pick a few of your favourites and mix it up a bit.
- Post some behind the scene photos – followers like to see how things are made, bought, shipped, packed, unpacked, wrapped, displayed, etc etc
- Post some information on your people – remember people buy from people so make them human and tell everyone about them and why they are good at what they do and what makes them special (get their permission first of course)
- Use some statements from your business. For example, 5 things you didn’t know abut us or 5 things you need to know about us
- Post some quotes that are relevant to your ethos/business like the one above
- Ask for input and feedback from your followers
- Share videos, these don’t need to be your own but do remember that this will divert followers off your site and onto the source of the video – better still, make your own videos.
So your task for the next few weeks when planning what to post is STOP being one dimensional and move into the realm of multi-dimensional with your Social activity. See what happens, you might be surprised at the result when you give your followers variety.
Let me know what happens an if you have questions for me, I’m always happy to help firstname.lastname@example.org
I will be looking out for Social Media with maximum variety in the next few weeks..
About Platform Social
Platform Social, founded by Louise Craigen offers Social Media Coaching for Small Business with a focus on the Beauty Industry. My mission is to help business owners fall in LOVE with their Social Media.
The coaching is designed to help you run your Social Media efficiently, effectively, with confidence, with a plan, like a pro and most importantly, without it feeling like a full-time job.
If you haven’t already, download the free guide to the 5 Stages of Social Media to find out where you are and to see what you need to do to get yourself to the next level. Find the guide on our homepage at www.platformsocial.co.uk Book yourself a discovery call after you download the guide and for any other questions please email me email@example.com.